Rwanda’s Green Fund is a ground-breaking environment and climate change investment fund.
The fund invests in the best green projects that have the potential for transformative change.
The Green Fund provides expert technical assistance to ensure the success of its investments.
WHAT IS RWANDA'S GREEN FUND?
Rwanda's Green Fund (FONERWA) is a groundbreaking environment and climate change fund. Its purpose is to be the engine for the next 50 years of green growth in Rwanda, while serving as a touchstone for Africa and the rest of the world. Its strategy is to provide unheralded technical and financial support to the best public and private projects that align with Rwanda’s commitment to a green economy.
OUR VISION FOR THE FUTURE
To respond to Rwanda’s current and future financing needs for environment, climate change, and green growth in order to accelerate goals of national sustainable economic development.
HOW THE FUND WORKS
FONERWA carries out a formalized process of public Calls For Proposals (CFPs) presently scheduled every 6 month. During a one month window of opportunity, applicants submit their project concepts, known as Project Profile Documents (PPDs), developed according to pre-established criteria. All proposals received by stipulated deadline are then taken through a rigorous screening process.
The FONERWA project/programme proposal screening will be carried out in a fair, transparent, competitive multi-step process. This will be overseen by the Fund Management Team (FMT)/Secretariat with ultimate funding decisions made by the Fund Managing Committee (FMC) based on evaluations and recommendations provided by the FMT & Fund Technical Committee FTC.
- Ecosystem Rehabilitation
- Sustainable Land Management
- Integrated Water Resources Management
- Sustainable Mining and Quarrying
- Sustainable Forest Management
- Promotion and Protection of Biodiversity
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency
- Pollution Management
- Water Storage, Conservation and Irrigation Technologies
- Applied and Adaptive Research (Agro-Forestry, Waste, Urban Planning)
- Disaster Risk Reduction
- Data Collection, Monitoring and Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Strategic Environment and Climate Assessments (SECAs)
- Sector specific (or national) adaptation and/or mitigation
- Support to implementation of cross-sectoral integrated planning (e.g. IDP, VUP)
- Monitoring and implementation of environment management plans for capital projects
- Environmental auditing
19556.2 hectares of land protected against soil erosion
137562 green jobs created
38746.1 hectares of forest and agro forest coverage
21040.59 hectares of watersheds and water bodies protected
58090 households with improved access to oﬀ-grid clean energy
104265 people supported to cope with eﬀects of climate change
Our Climate Champions
Hubert RuzibizaChief Executive Officerh.firstname.lastname@example.org
Bright NtareProject Managerb.email@example.com
Eric KarerangaboKnowledge Management Specialiste.firstname.lastname@example.org
Josephine UwababyeyiFinancial Management Specialistj.email@example.com
Vianney BarigyeProcurement Specialistv.firstname.lastname@example.org
Augustin M. KamanaInternal Auditora.email@example.com
Alain Michel Doricyusa GabiroDistrict Facilitatora.firstname.lastname@example.org
Augustine HitimanaActing Fund Managera.email@example.com
Florian MugaboMonitoring and Evaluation Specialistf.firstname.lastname@example.org