In line with the achieving the objectives of National Water Supply and Sanitation Policy, EDPRS II and 7GP, WASAC Ltd has embarked on a project to increase water supply in the city of Kigali; dubbed New Nzove I. The principle objective is to provide sufficient and sustainable water supply to the residents of Kigali City and surrounding areas of shared water network.
The project will deliver the following outputs:
1. Construction of new 40,000 m3/day water treatment plant expandable to 65,000 m3/day
2. Extending the capacity of Nzove II Water Treatment Plant from 25,000 m3/day to 40,000 m3/day. This Nzove II WTP was completed and inaugurated in March 2016.
3. Forwarding infrastructure to transit water from Nzove to Mount Kigali from where it will be distributed into the City by gravity. Forwarding infrastructure include mainly:
- Main pipeline of 600 mm of diameter for 5,4 km
- Main high pressure pump station at Nzove of pumping capacity of 40,000 m3/day,
- Booster high pressure pump station at Karama of pumping capacity of 40,000 m3/day,
- New treated water reservoir at Nzove of 2000 m3 capacity,
- New water reservoir at Karama pumps station of 2000 m3 capacity
- Main water distribution reservoir at Mt Kigali of 5000 m3 capacity,
4. Supply and installation of Hypochlorite generating plant
It is worth noting that at the completion of this project (June 2017) water production capacity in Kigali will increase from 65, 000 m3/day (current production capacity) to 145,000 m3/day
Please login using your credentials recived by email when you register.×