This two year project will improve the resilience of the Nyabugogo area to flooding by enhancing the hydraulic conveyance capacity of Nyabugogo River and Mpazi channel with a flood monitoring system. The project will be managed and implemented in partnership with the City of Kigali and Rwanda Water and Forestry Authority.
- To enhance the hydraulic conveyance capacity of Mpazi channel
- To enhance the hydraulic conveyance capacity of Nyabugogo river
- To monitor water flow within the Nyabugogo floodplain
Districts of Nyarugenge and Gasabo, MINEMA, MININFRA, Ministry of Environment, RDB, RTDA, REMA, Meteo Rwanda, Rwanda Water and Forest Authority
- Project Manager: Eng. Jean d’Amour Rwunguko, Acting City Engineer (email@example.com)
- Project Manager: Eng. Pauline Uwamariya, Acting Director for Infrastructure Department, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Technical staff: Ir. Fidele Tuyisenge, Water and Sanitation Infrastructure Planning Officer, (email@example.com)